Reflections from the Soul

Reflections from the Soul

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Landscapes Within My Soul

You come with
gentleness,
meeting me in my
woundedness.


A tear is


falling
from Your cheek, as You
walk in.

After a little while-
of sitting at my side

seeing my deep needs,

You serve me.

Offering a plater of
faith and trust, as You whisper to me,
my name......

Dawn.....


followed by the truth that
Dawn comes,
just after the darkest window of night.....



Rising .......
is
Your everlasting hope,
with warmth,
where Your Spirit
reaches the coldest
places of my
inward parts.

Holy Spirit...
without You,
I would otherwise,
have no assurance
for the dawn.
Reaching the eye in me....
my most tear broken
of moments....



Dive into the
well of my soul...
where corosion
in hollow crevices,
unknown to most,
still thirst for release,
to be cleansed
from the mold
of my past.


Bit by bit,
You have chiseld
off residue,... in a
refining...as like
silver;
gold.
You watch, as I
too often, resist,
surrender.
You understand,
though what often,
I do not.

I question at times,
how You understand,
when nothing changes,
and burning ensues.

Nothing can be

secluded
from You, but
rather it is only a matter of
being broken,
by the storm-
before I admit
how You knew
all along.....deep pain songs
I was singing.

It's then too,
that I praise You,
Oh Lord...
with my eyes,
absorbing Your beauty....

whether they can see or
not see
through the storm,
I begin to see You
there, with me.

For me.

You stay with me,
Lord, with Your
Holy Spirit....
wrap-
ping
around me
in
the cold
of my shame,
in the heat
of my blame
in the darkness,
of my pain....
You press in until I know
You, have found
me.
When cowered
in a ball, in
the corner of unbelief

You shelter me
from further attack
of such enemies.....

though I don't always see,
it is Your love,
that does not
escape me.

There is nothing, tootight for You,
that you cannot unlock


within me.
Though I may fight,

too keep hidden,

any deeper doors
tucked


far within me,

You let me fight,


until I'm weak......

and You rescue me from

what remains,
so that You, may radiate
in all Your glory!


Your patience Lord,
grows me,it is never sleeping!

Not even a nap -

do You allow Yourself.

Like how You
wait for the storms-

to pass...
wretched in fear

inducing debrie,

still you wait, for

someone, like me.



Never late are You,
with the rising sun.

It rises,
on far horizons,
though .....

somedays, we may not see...
the color it's painting
with His every rhythm....
over the open seas,
of life.

Over faces of
change,
You Oh Spirit of God,
never dress Yourself
in masks of deciept,
but only in that
which is

lovely.

Eventually,

I begin again,

letting the pen
flow
out all
that lies
within.
And again,
eventually,
I come back.
Kneeling down at the bedside
of my soul.

How You always
show me,
I am worth Your time.
Your Spirit takes


time,
even while I sleep, to
churn slowly,
yet fearlessly,
these fragile pieces of resignation.

Pieces that from time to time,
teter,
back and forthback and forth
back
and forth .....
contemplating their
stay, to where each and every
piece
of surrender,

of anger,

of hurtful words...
debate their chance to

run
from this safety....seemingly

still a bit unstable,
for they're locked in a stable
of doubt
,
struggling to beleive,
there is a way out....
still insecure at their new
found place,
but with diligent pace,

Your hope runs.....
like faucets of crystal mountain
springs...

in another rush
for healing...






That place inside my
painful mind
of choice ....

that to remain,
in the rush of this
longed for washing,
I will not drown.
Dawn Shape
embracethedance - publishing
copywrite 2006

3 comments:

  1. Just checking in on you girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that is so touching that you'd be even thinking of my blog... since I started my memoir, haven't done much here.... :) thanks for letting me know, sweet friend.

      Delete
  2. Just checking in on you girl!

    ReplyDelete